--> /* end of banner manager 1 */

Stand Up For Seaton (SU4S)

Community Action for Seaton's Regeneration Area, 80% owned by Tesco - a floodplain on a World Heritage site bordered by nature reserves, tidal river, the sea and the unspoilt town. SU4S is a state of mind - no members, no structure, no politics. SU4S has objected to 2 planning applications by Tesco, including one for a massive superstore/dot com distribution centre which led to the recent closure on the site of 400 tourist beds with the loss of 150 jobs,a gym and pool - all used by locals.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Kate Little finally replies to my letter - well, sort of ...

Kate Little has finally replied to my letter of 2 October 2006 (see below) -well, sort of. You will recall that I reminded her twice that I would put my letter in the public domain if I had not received a reply within one month. It is now five weeks. Below is the reply:

I have dictacted a reply to your letter just yesterday and you should receive it soon. I am afraid that with my workload I was not able to get to it sooner despite your deadline. I have attempted to rectify what I see as any misconceptions in your letter. I suggest therefore that you do not put your letter into the public domain just yet as it may lead people to misunderstand the Council' s position on the Seaton Regeneration and that would be unhelpful.

Kate Little
Head of Planning & Countryside Services

I have told her that unfortunately this letter came too late to stop my letter being published in the public domain and that she will also need to use the public domain to correct my "misconceptions" - a much better place for misconceptions to be corrected than in personal emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home